The NHS is starting to deliver the COVID-19 vaccine, in line with the government’s priority list of which people will get it first. This is a very exciting development and we want to be clear about how it will work for local people. The NHS will get in touch with you directly when it is your turn to be vaccinated.
So please remember:
- Appointments can be booked with the national booking service
- Keep your appointment once it is made
- The vaccine is safe. The NHS only offers vaccinations to the public once experts have signed off that it is safe to do so
- Vaccine centres are being set up across the eight boroughs of NW London over the coming weeks. We are getting everything ready so we can start vaccinating as soon as we start receiving the vaccine
- Patients will vaccinate in order of priority, following national guidance
- Please continue to follow the national public health guidance to control the virus and save lives – Hands – Face – Space.
COVID-19 is still very prevalent and highly infectious: the risk of catching it is the same as ever for people who have not been vaccinated.